Sunday, March 1, 2015

February 2015

A Bald Eagle watching over the highway on the northeast edge of Newton Hills State Park
Here are February's best for 2015.  It has been a good winter for birds of prey.  I saw and photographed my first ever Northern Saw-whet Owl this month.  Cool little guy but really hard to find.  I actually found the three different mice it caught hanging in various branches for later meals before I actually found the the owl.  I've never seen that before either.  Anyway, as always click on a file for a larger file to view and thanks for stopping by!

Sunset at Lake Campbell Lutheran of rural Brookings County

Northern Saw-whet Owl

I retreated to get a different shot through the branches and he got sleepy

Winter sunset over Lake Alvin near Harrisburg, SD

Bergen Church sunset of rural Clay County

Mirrored sunset on the Mighty Missouri at Myron Grove in Clay County, for this month's column over at www.southdakotamagazine.com I wrote about reflection photography:
http://www.southdakotamagazine.com/begeman-reflections

Sunset over Falls Park in Downtown Sioux Falls

The sunset clouds reflected in melt water

Falls Park evening

Another view of Falls Park on a colorful evening

Trinity Lutheran of rural Lincoln County at sunset

No comments: