Friday, February 6, 2015

A look back at January 2015

Trotting for the barn just before sunset on New Year's Day.
For my monthly photo column over at southdakotamagazine.com I showed my favorite 12 January photos (taken in South Dakota) and wrote a bit about the exercise of choosing 12 a month to post.   You can find the link here:  http://www.southdakotamagazine.com/begemans-best-jan-2015

Some of the photos posted in this edition will be the same, but I also spent time in Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana and North Dakota in January so I've added a few favorites from those trips as well.  As always, click on an image for a larger file to view and thanks for checking in!

The second sunset of 2015 as viewed just east of Hartford, SD.

Frost art on my window during a mini blizzard in early January.

An abandoned schoolhouse in north Codington County, SD.

The faint, winter Milky Way with the Andromeda Galaxy (upper left) over Salem Methodist just over the Minnesota border (southwest of Pipestone.)

Star trails over Salem Methodist.

A very colorful sunset in downtown Sioux Falls in mid-January.

The famous bricks at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.  I'm not much of a race fan, but it was cool to see these and learn a little of the history of the place.

The lights of downtown Indianapolis from the west Canal area.

A snowy owl in Day County, SD.

Another snowy owl near Hague, North Dakota.  I saw a total of six owls on my trip to Bismarck, ND.  This was number 5.

A colorful sunset with a tall prairie windmill taken late in the month.

No comments: