Sunday, October 16, 2011

Isabel Centennial Wagon Train - Day 1

The first of August was my hometown of Isabel, SD's 100th birthday. As part of the centennial celebration, a three day wagon train ride was organized to commemorate the days of the pioneers. I was asked to document the event with photos and video. I wanted to share some of my favorite images from the ride in this post and few more to follow. Click on an image for a larger file to view and enjoy!

We started about thirty miles north and west of town at a ranch nestled under the south butte of the twin butte area. The first two photos below are the rocks and view from the butte.


Making coffee the cowboy way.

Sunflowers along the trail.


I rendered some of the images black and white for a historic, timeless feel.





Tuesday night camping out under the Milky Way. I pitched my tent a little ways away from the rest of camp in order to work on some star photography. It was a gorgeous night for star gazing. There isn't much light pollution out in God's Country!

No comments: