Monday, February 1, 2016

January 2016

Snow dogs at Trinity Lutheran of rural Lincoln County, SD
Hard to believe it is the start to another year.  I wasn't able to get out and about as much as I would have liked due to fighting some illnesses, being busy with work and life and the general shortness of the days.  Even so, I was able to witness some pretty incredible sun dogs on a Saturday that I had free just before mid-month.  Four of those photos start off my favorite twelve of the overall month.  Click on an image for a larger file to view and thanks for checking in.

Romsdal Lutheran with sun dogs

A prairie windmill with rather strong sun dogs.  I crossed a small waterway to get this shot lined up and didn't realize that the ice wasn't as thick as I assumed.  Before it was all over I was drenched up to my knees.  That's a kind of cold that will jar your senses!

Sundogs at sunset.

Goldfinch at Good Earth State Park

Winter sunset - rural Minnehaha County

Winter sunset with fence line

Colors changing as the evening deepens

Ten steps from my front door

Frost and Red Barn in rural Moody County

Snowy Owl at Fort Pierre National Grasslands

Snowy Owl take-off

No comments: