Saturday, May 26, 2012

A Cute Little Fox

A fox kit near a den a few miles west of Sioux Falls, SD

Earlier this month,  a co-worker of mine, who lives in the Buffalo Ridge area west of Sioux Falls, told me that her family had noticed an active fox den in one of their hay fields.  She said there were three fox kits playing around the dens in the evenings.  Naturally I asked if I could come out and see if I could get a few photos.  The first evening, I saw nothing.  The next day I went out about 20 minutes before sunset when some clouds in the west starting blocking the sun making it really dark by the time I got to the den.  I was able to get this shot of one of the kits in the low light however:

I returned the following evening and had superb light to work with.  There was only one of the three kits at the den and he was just waking up so I was able to get fairly close in order to get some candid photos.  Cute little guy, isn't he?  Enjoy the photos and click on an image for a larger file to view and thanks for stopping by!











No comments: