Tuesday, October 12, 2010

By the light the quivering Aspen made

Looking inside an Aspen grove on an early autumn morning in Grand Teton National Park.
Sir Walter Scott was describing a woman in his epic poem "Marmion" when he came up with the line that is the title of this post (near as I can tell anyway). I'm borrowing the phrase to try to help describe the amazing Aspen groves in full fall color I was able to walk in this fall. I hope the old boy wouldn't mind my borrowing of his line. Either way, I thought I'd invite you to step inside the Aspen grove with me and enjoy the scenery. Click on an image for a larger file to view and thanks for looking.

Looking up... Many of the groves had very tall and majestic trees in the them.


This is along the Snake River. I liked the serenity of the lone fly fisherman with the aspen and pine in the background.
I believe this was Jackson Lake near a picnic area.

Pine and Aspen reflected in Jackson Lake.
A superb grove in a small meadow bathed in the early morning light. Something about the scene really drew me in. Simple beauty, I guess. That is the best thing I can come up with.


3 comments:

Heidi said...

These are beautiful photographs! I love these trees. Thanks for sharing!

Christian Begeman said...

Thanks Heidi, I'm glad you enjoyed the photos. I wish I was going back to the mountains this fall, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. Take care.

-Christian

khanh chicanh said...

The picture looks so beautiful, thank you for sharing: Dịch thuật Hà Nội, Dịch thuật TPHCM, Dịch thuật Bắc Ninh, Dịch thuật Thanh Hóa, Dịch thuật Cần Thơ, Dịch thuật Hải Phòng, Dịch thuật Đà Nẵng, Dịch thuật Nghệ An, Dịch thuật Bình Dương.......................