Tuesday, October 12, 2010

By the light the quivering Aspen made

Looking inside an Aspen grove on an early autumn morning in Grand Teton National Park.
Sir Walter Scott was describing a woman in his epic poem "Marmion" when he came up with the line that is the title of this post (near as I can tell anyway). I'm borrowing the phrase to try to help describe the amazing Aspen groves in full fall color I was able to walk in this fall. I hope the old boy wouldn't mind my borrowing of his line. Either way, I thought I'd invite you to step inside the Aspen grove with me and enjoy the scenery. Click on an image for a larger file to view and thanks for looking.

Looking up... Many of the groves had very tall and majestic trees in the them.


This is along the Snake River. I liked the serenity of the lone fly fisherman with the aspen and pine in the background.
I believe this was Jackson Lake near a picnic area.

Pine and Aspen reflected in Jackson Lake.
A superb grove in a small meadow bathed in the early morning light. Something about the scene really drew me in. Simple beauty, I guess. That is the best thing I can come up with.


2 comments:

Heidi said...

These are beautiful photographs! I love these trees. Thanks for sharing!

Christian Begeman said...

Thanks Heidi, I'm glad you enjoyed the photos. I wish I was going back to the mountains this fall, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. Take care.

-Christian