Sunday, September 23, 2012

Badlands in September

Three Bighorn rams graze near a prairie dog town in Badlands National Park.

It has become a common practice for me to detour through Badlands National Park on my way to and from the Black Hills.  Last week Sunday and the following Saturday was no exception.  I was lucky enough to get close to wildlife on both occasions as well as capture a little fall color this time around.  Click on an image for a larger file to view and thanks for stopping by!

Badlands Boys Club (a bachelor herd of Mule Deer near the Quinn road)



A coyote loped by me as he hunted in one of the many prairie dog towns on the way to the Sage Creek Wilderness Area.



Bison just before sunset at the Sage Creek Wilderness Area.

On my return trip yesterday morning, I was able to capture some of the fall color in the draws of Sage Creek Wilderness Area.



Bison dot the flat lands beyond Sage Creek proper.

Another coyote came out of the badlands and into a prairie dog town as I was driving by.

Fall color with the Badlands formations on the horizon.

No comments: